Before servicing or removing blades
- Remove and ground spark plug wire
- Disconnect battery at negative terminal. (for electric start engines only)
- Refer to owner’s manual and follow safety warnings
- Do not substitute any other bolt for the blade retaining bolt. Blades and blade retaining bolts are specially made for this application.
- Proper torque must be used when tightening the blade retaining bolt; refer to owner’s manual. If this safety precaution is not followed, the blade could come off during operation.
- Immediately inspect blade if abnormal vibration occurs
- Properly support and secure mower when replacing blade.
- To avoid possible injury, always wear proper eye and hand protection when servicing mower blade.
- Unbalanced or warped blades can cause damage to the mower and/or personal injury.
- Inspect the blade(s) and replace damaged blades before operating the mower